The National Career Readiness Certificate highlights YOUR marketable skills and makes you more competitive as a potential employee.
A Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) is a credential that documents your current level of job skills.
Job skills are assessed in three areas:
- Applied Math
- Reading for Information
- Locating Information
Once you ‘the job seeker’ take the assessment and obtain an achievement level, a certificate is issued. You’ll earn Bronze, Silver, or Gold Level Certification. Each level holds significance to potential job openings and job availability. We encourage you to go for the gold!
If you don’t earn the level you need for the job you want, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Area-11 offers help to improve your score…further demonstrating to employers that You are trainable!
Benefits to you:
- Help you find jobs that fit your skills and interests
- Verifiable proof that you have the skills to do the job well
- Gives you an edge
- Builds your confidence and improves your opportunities to advance
- Helps you determine areas for improvement
Sign up to take the CRC assessment.
Kim Hurley, Career Specialist
Tennessee Career Center
362 Carriage House Drive
Jackson, TN 38305
Phone: (731) 660-8188
About The Certificate
The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is an industry-recognized, portable, evidence-based credential that certifies essential skills needed for workplace success.
This credential is used across all sectors of the economy and verifies the following cognitive skills:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations
- Locating, synthesizing, and applying information that is presented graphically
- Comparing, summarizing, and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics
Individuals can earn the NCRC by taking three WorkKeys® assessments:
WorkKeys assessments measure “real world” skills that employers believe are critical to job success. Test questions are based on situations in the everyday work world.
- Bronze – scores at least a level 3 in each of the three core areas and has the necessary foundational skills for 16 percent of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
- Silver – scores at least a level 4 in each of the three core areas and has the necessary foundational skills for 67 percent of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
- Gold – scores at least a level 5 in each of the three core areas and has the necessary foundational skills for 93 percent of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
- Platinum – scores at least a level 6 in each of the three core areas and has the necessary foundational skills for 99 percent of the jobs in the WorkKeys database